Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reading reaction journal #2


Reference: Elana Paeal Ben-Joseph, MD. (2010, September 19). Smoking and asthma, Retrieved October 24, 2010, from http://kidshealth.org/teen/drug_alcohol/tobacco/smoking_asthma.html?tracking=T_RelatedArticle
Summary:
According to the article, which was dictions about smoking and how people start to take it’s like it something easy to see around them. However, the author mentions here about smoking in the old days; the smoking habit starts because of the realm around the people; people and the government warn’t taking it seriesly to avoid this problem; it was allowed to smoke everywhere, in the hospital and even in the doctor’s office. So, that is why people start smoking, the realm around them helps the people, and helps them to open for them to practice smoking. For example, your family is smoking so you grow up smoking. As a result of smoking, you will have some diseases, therefore, the author mentions asthma in his article; also, there are two kinds of asthma that you might got because the smoke. First of all, asthma flare-up, which has many sight for the smoker, person like, wheez, and coughing. This kind of Asthma is hard to be controlled even with the medicine. Second kind is, asthma trigger, which happened for the people who are non-smokers. This kind of asthma happens to these kinds of people because the realm around them is full of smoke and that leads them to breathe it, which will cause them to have asthma trigger. However, the lastes studies show that 90% of smokers start at age 21. Smoking has many effects on smoking people and non-smoking people. It has many effects on our health in a negative way, and as a result, you will have some sighs like, swollen, narrow and filled with sticky mucus and that might make you have asthma flare-up. This is not just for the smoker’s people; it also included people who are non-smoking. People who got asthma must be careful when they walk through places, which have many people smokesing, because the percent of getting asthma trigger is high for this kind of people. If you got it, that means that you will have double your whole medicine to avoid this big problem that you got, so that means you will have to visit your doctor many times.




Reaction:
After I read this article, I get out with some points that I didn’t take care about. First of all, I know new information that there are two kinds of asthma, which are  called asthma flare-up, and asthma trigger. Second thing that I found out that there are some signs of it, like swollen, narrow and filled with sticky mucus. Even if I don't smoke I’m still in danger, because I breathe the smoke whenever I walk through the outside of faner. Third, it will effect my health in a negative way, and that means that I will not be in the safe side. All this information will lead me to raise my voice more about smoking must be bannedfrom campus. I have to make and inform the realm around me that I’m a person and I have the justice to have healthy air to breathe.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment